Donnerstag, 9. Februar 2012

What has the most calories? Gimme gimme!

That post is part of the breastfeeding blog hop and therefore in English. All other posts of this blog are in German. This Week’s Topic: Top 5 Breastfeeding Snacks

Dieser Post ist Teil des breastfeeding blog hop und somit in Englisch. Alle anderen Artikel in meinem Blog sind auf Deutsch verfasst.

As a breastfeeding mom, you need about 500-600 calories more per day than what is usually recommended for you. “Great”, I thought before starting my breastfeeding career. “Not so great”, I thought when it actually came to the point of me having to find enough food and calories throughout the day. I was constantly hungry in the beginning (and still am) and had a new baby to take care of. I wasn’t used to eat constantly, so I had to train myself and find easy, ready to go snacks. Well, I admit that I did not care so much if the snacks were super healthy, but if they had enough calories. I ate veggies and fruit for my regular meals though. So, here are my five favorite snacks for breastfeeding:
1.    Chocolate bar: sweet and always in the house.
2.    A piece of cake: I just pick it up from the bakery around the corner.
3.    Malzbier: no no, no alcohol in that one. It is brewed like normal beer but without fermentation. It is nice and sweet. Love it! Malzbier is very famous in Germany. The closest American drink with some similarity is root beer. (Read more on Wikipedia)
4.    Chicken soup: A huge pot of it lasts for a couple of days in the fridge. Very hearty meal, also good for a snack in between. Then I just have a little bowl.
5.    Bread: we always have it in the house. Delicious with jam or honey in the afternoon.

I am not eating the bread dry like this, but when it is fresh from the bakery, why not?
What are your favorite breastfeeding snacks?


1 Kommentar:

  1. I always find it hard to snack healthy! I'd go for the piece of cake before any thing else! :)

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich sehr über ein paar Worte von Euch. Jeder liebe und / oder konstruktive Kommentar ist hier herzlich willkommen!